Client privacy is a top priority at Adaptive Advisory
The relationship between Adaptive Advisory and our clients is the most important asset of our firm. We strive to maintain client trust and confidence, which is an essential aspect of our commitment to protect their personal information. We do not disclose their personal information to anyone unless required by law, at their direction, or when necessary to provide them with our services. We never rent or sell their personal information to anyone.
Adaptive Advisory receives and maintains non-public personal information about clients during the normal course of business from the following sources so that we can better provide advisory services:
- From clients, on account applications or other forms (paper & electronic), through transactions, correspondence and other communications (i.e., name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, date of birth, and financial information)
In order for us to provide investment advisory services to clients, it is sometimes necessary for us to disclose their personal information to outside sources (e.g., custodians, regulators, approved third party vendors, accountants). We conduct due diligence with each source prior to initiating a relationship with them to ensure that our standards are satisfied.
To fulfill our privacy commitment at Adaptive Advisory, we have instituted firm-wide practices to safeguard the information that we maintain about clients. These include:
- Adopting procedures that put in place physical, electronic and other safeguards to keep their personal information safe
- Limiting access to personal information to those employees who need it to perform their duties
- Requiring third party vendors that perform services for us to keep client information confidential
- Protecting information of our former clients to the same extent as our current clients
At Adaptive Advisory, we value client privacy. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.